Tuesday, October 17, 2006







FOURTH POST: A Little Something For Everyone.

I'd really like to think that we've got something special here. Everytime Kirk shows me something that he's working on or a rough of an idea that he's made better, I'm blown away. I'm already positive that the book's going to LOOK great.

Except the colors....who knows if that colorist is gonna screw things up.

We've got super heroes, cops & robbers, monsters, and giant robots. We've even managed to fit a pretty good moral in there too. I'm hoping that it'll touch people on more than just a "ass kicking action" aspect. I've tested it on my son and he's super-excited about all the different stuff that goes on. He'll definitely be a barometer for seeing how kids might respond to it.

I believe that we've got an "all ages" kind of book, here....or at the very least a PG rated book. Some violence, some borderline brutal fight scenes, but nothing outside the norm of general comic book excitement.

-Matt


My favorite panel to date! Is that not the coolest thing you've ever seen?
You should've seen the crap design that Kirk brought this thing from.

The Skowl takin' out the trash- layin' a beat down on some two-bit thug.

...and this week's fanart is from Jeff "Chamba" Cruz. His "chibi version" of Ol' Starhead.

http://lastscionz.deviantart.com/

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan McDaid said...

You're right MC - that first sketch is just about the sweetest thing ever. It must be a huge, giddy thrill to see your ideas being made flesh (so to speak) in this way.

Any chance we could see the original? That would be fun!

Also - love the Scowl!

7:20 AM  
Blogger mattcrap said...

That's the only scan I have of that. It'll probably be one of many pages that I beg Kirk to buy from him once we're all done.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. class parties

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home